Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I am technologically challenged (#263, Topic D)

Spending Thanksgiving holidays at our son's place in New York, I tried to turn to CNBC this morning. The TV was already on, to CNN, so all I needed to do was to (1) find whether CNBC has an outlet in NYC. Since the answer is obviously yes, all I needed to do was (2) to find which channel beams it, and (3) to switch to that channel. I could not find the remote, so I tried to do it manually. Not knowing which key to press, I accidentally pressed a key that turned the screen to snow. I did not what to do, so I simply left the TV as it was, and began to read the newspaper. In came our 11-year old grandson, who, along with his parents and his younger sister, was visiting his uncle for the first time. Seeing snow on the screen, he asked: "May I help you?" He found the remote, and, in less than a second, pressed a key that showed the channel lineup. He then pressed another key. And, viola, CNBC was on. After breakfast, I wanted to sign on to my laptop, which I brought me, knowing that our son's place is wireless. I could not do it. This time, our son-in-law, who has a laptop by the same manufacturer (HP), came to my rescue. In no time at all, he got my laptop connected and I was able to do this blog. I cannot help thinking that I am now severely technologically challenged. Such is life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

David - you may be technologically challenged, but that's simply because technology was not there when you were learning as an 11-year old. The young ones today are analytically challenged - and you are not. So, you can teach them a thing or two. And bridge, chess, and all that good stuff. Keep on truckin'......

11/21/2006 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home